- Rybelsus® belongs to a class of medicines known as glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists
- It works by stimulating the pancreas to release insulin when glucose levels are high
- Rybelsus® is usually not the first choice of medication for treating diabetes, and it’s not used to treat type 1 diabetes
- It’s not known if Rybelsus® is safe and effective for use in people under 18 years of age
- It is not known if Rybelsus® can be used safely in people with pancreatitis
- Before starting treatment with Rybelsus®, tell your doctor if you (or a family member) have thyroid gland issues
- Rybelsus® most common side effects are weight loss, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain
Please refer to the originator‘s website to learn all the information needed to use this medicine safely and effectively.